Updated: Sep 9, 2019
How to paint Ikea furniture:
*see before and after ->
This is all your need to paint your IKEA furniture
1. Remove your dog from the balcony ;)
2. Cover your balcony to protect from dropping paint
I prefer using this non-woven fleece as it is usually 100% recycled material and can be reused! #nowaste Furthermore, it absorbs the paint from the top and is leak-resistant.
3. Sand your IKEA folding chair with sandpaper
Send all surfaces with sandpaper of 120-grit. To protect the skin on your hands, I suggest applying petrolatum and using gloves ;)
Tip: Don´t have a sanding tool? Then use the whole roll, it gives stability and reduces the friction on your hands.
4. Simply paint and follow the instructions of your product
Tip: Use good quality brushes, otherwise the bristles keep falling out and will dry along with the paint on your chair....Stir, stir and stir: I used a chopstick to stir the paint from time to time as the ingredients can separate and will effect the finish.
5. Find some matching, comfortable pillows and sit down!